Terms & Conditions
W.J. Daniel & Company Limited is a trading name of W.J.Daniel & Company Limited, a company registered in England No: 259919
Contents of website
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy and content of this website, Daniel's are not responsible for any typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions. Colours are approximate and may vary and are for illustration purposes only.
The information, prices and images presented on this site are subject to change without prior notice.
Not all products are available at all times
Acceptance of Order
Acceptance of Order
- Your acceptance of these Sale Terms by clicking on the "Accept" button represents an offer of contract from you only and is not binding until accepted by us either by sending you an email which is received by you explicitly stating this.
- Receipt of an order via the danielstores.co.uk website by us does not constitute acceptance of an order. We reserve the right to refuse your order for any reason.
- Any errors or omissions in any catalogue, sales literature, price list, dispatch note, invoice or other documentation or any information issued by us from time to time shall be subject to correction without liability on our part.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of any order submitted by you, confirming where reasonably requested to do so by us any telephone orders, and for the giving of such information as is necessary relating to the Sale Terms and delivery (as the case may be)
- When writing to us, you must quote your order number.
- All purchases must be paid in full before delivery. W.J Daniel and Co Ltd will continue to own, and reserve the right to repossess any goods sold from its web site until payment has been received and cleared in full.
- Payments are accepted on most credit or debit cards via our secure server. I/We authorise you to make any enquiries you deem necessary in connection with this sale. This information will be used for fraud prevention or debt recovery.
- All prices quoted are for new products and are priced in pounds sterling including any applicable taxes at current rates.
- Where price includes delivery to any mainland UK address Monday to Friday, additional charges will be incurred for delivery the Scottish Highlands and Grampians. Saturday deliveries are possible at additional cost, dependant on area.
- An invoice giving a description of the goods purchased and the price paid will be emailed to you.
Proof of purchase will always be required.
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase please contact our customer service department. We will try and resolve any issues you may have as quickly as possible including details of our complaints procedure.
If you remain unhappy with our final response, you may be entitled to refer your complaint to the Furniture Ombudsman and we are bound to follow any decision that they make. To find out more about The Furniture Ombudsman and how you might be able to use their dispute resolution service visit www.thefurnitureombudsman.org or telephone 0845 653 2064
Proof of purchase will always be required.
We are unable to apply our returns policy to: Special Orders (goods ordered for the customer), Beds & Bedding, Furniture, Prams, Nursery Furniture, Hats, Underwear, Pierced Earrings, Goods out of Season or liable to contamination and where items are not returned in a saleable condition. Purchases by cheques will be refunded by cheque after 6 working days.
This policy does not affect your Statutory rights.
Returning your goods is simple, once you have received your order, you a have cooling-off period for seven working days after the day the goods are received. If an exchange or refund is required, you must inform Daniel's in writing or via email within those seven working days. Then the items should be returned to us, within 14 days of receipt of your order, in their original condition and packaging and in a manner that the goods are then in a resaleable condition.
We are able to carry out a full refund or exchange on full price items for up to 30 days from date of purchase and 7 days for any sale items discounted up to 50%. Delivery charges will be refunded at the lowest rate. Special deliveries are not refundable.
The customer is responsible for all transport costs, it is the responsibility of the customer to return the goods to the address at the bottom of this page. Please note: our transport charges for furniture and beds including mattresses start from £35 + VAT.
The following items are non-returnable unless faulty:
- For the health and benefit of all customers we regret that except for faulty products we are unable to accept returns of underwear, hosiery, swimwear, hats, electricals, pillows and mattresses (incl mattress toppers).
- Goods made to the customer's specification and special orders.
For any faults with mechanical and electrical products we are obliged to return them for testing to establish the reason for the fault. For large furniture items we can arrange for an independent inspection of the goods at your home.
Once a refund has been agreed by both parties, payment will be made within 7 working days.
Your statutory rights are not affected.
If you decide to exchange a product, please return the original purchase to us, and we will gladly exchange the goods and resend them to yourself.
If goods are thought to be faulty, please return them to our returns address, within a reasonable time of purchase.
For large furniture items we can arrange for an independent inspection of the goods at your home.
If the goods are found to be faulty, a refund, credit or exchange will be given according to the customers requirements.
You have a 14 day period from the date of the order being placed to notify us of your wish to cancel.
If your order has already been despatched, you'll need to return the item following our Returns procedure.
There are some products which we cannot cancel, refund or exchange, including perishable and made-to-order items.
Read our Refund policy for the full list.
Out of Stock Items
If the item you'd like is shown online but out of stock, then you can check availability in store by calling us, making sure you have the product details to hand. If the product is available then you can place an order over the phone. You can then choose to pick up the item or have it delivered to you.
Why do we display products that are out of stock online?
We will show out of stock products online so that you still have access to the product details or so that you can (in some instances) place the item on backorder to be delivered when the item returns to stock.
Occasionally, due to circumstances out of our control there are discrepancies with stock levels resulting in out of stock items being reported as in stock. In these cases we will inform you immediately if there is an alternative or if the item is due back in stock. However if neither of the options are available we will inform you of our decision to not process your order.
- Delivery times will depend on the item and the manufacturer. Our delivery lead times are clearly detailed with each product on its respective page.
- Items we carry in stock are normally delivered within 24 hours or on the day you specify at the point of order - lead times on items out of stock will vary so please check at the time of ordering.
- All delivery times are subject to stock availability and whether your payments have been processed and validated. 3.4. W.J Daniel and Co Ltd are only responsible for delivering goods to the customers door.
- All delivery dates are given in good faith but are subject to all matters beyond the control of the Company: including acts of nature, strikes, lockouts and delay by suppliers.
- Please ensure you check your items thoroughly on delivery for damage: If upon delivery you find your goods are damaged, please sign for them as "Damaged" and refuse delivery.
- W.J Daniel and Co Ltd must be notified within 24 hours of your delivery if any part of your order is missing. All claims will become void after this period.
- Deliveries to the following postcodes may take a little longer - allow up to an extra 5days approx: PA, FK, PH, KY, DD, AB, IV, KW.
- We are unable to deliver to Ireland (including Northern Ireland) and all offshore islands including Isle of Wight and Isle of Man, we reserve the right to recover all costs for orders processed to these areas.
- If ordering an item that is 'in stock' we will contact you to book a specific delivery day shortly after we receive your order where possible.
- If you are ordering an item that is 'out of stock' we will contact you to book your delivery day as soon as we receive your goods - please allow an extra 7-10 working days for your delivery in this case (in very rural areas this can take up to 14 days.)
- If you cancel your order less than 3 days prior to the arranged delivery day you will be liable for the delivery charge.
Please note: this is not available at weekends.
We cannot colour match between widths or qualities, samples should only be used as a guide not as exact shade or texture match. All patterns should be inspected prior to cutting. Claims will not be accepted for variation.
All pile carpets are liable to shading – that is to show light and dark patches arising from unequal crushing of the surface pile. The amount a carpet shades is in the main determined by its colour and design. No amount of care during manufacture can completely eliminate shading but the effect can be minimised by regular vacuuming. Light and delicate carpets are liable to become soiled with wear.
All pile carpets can suffer from pile reversal. A phenomena that may occur only in certain areas and for no apparent reason. Present research has identified no cause. It may show as areas of dark and light patches. This may only occur on certain colours and styles of design and is not a manufacturing defect.
The ultra violet rays of the sun can be very damaging to a carpet particularly light and delicate shades which may cause bleach in ordinary daylight. In the event of it being fitted up to large window areas or in direct sunlight it must be shielded by protective blinds to prevent fading.
Household batteries can be returned to our stores free of charge at any till point. Batteries should never be put in general household waste or recycling bins.
Alternatively, you can find your local waste portable battery recycling facility at www.recyclenow.com .
Most supermarkets and shops that sell batteries will have collection bins for used batteries, and some town hall, libraries or schools may also set up collection points. End-users may find stores in their local area more accessible.
Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulation 2006: Recycling Electrical and Electronic Equipment : Important Customer Information
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive is now UK law. The legislation aims to make producers pay for the collection, treatment and recovery of waste electrical equipment. The regulations also mean that internet retailers must allow customers to return their old electrical and electronic equipment on a ‘like-for-like’ basis when purchasing new equipment.
Q1: Why should I recycle my old electrical and electronic equipment?
A: This category of waste is increasing by around 5% a year, so making it one of the fastest growing waste streams in the UK. Much of it ends up in landfill, where the lead and other toxins can cause soil and water contamination and have harmful effects on natural habitat, wildlife and human health. In addition many of the items can be recycled, thereby helping to save our natural finite resources and reducing the amount of waste going to landfill.
Q2: How do I know whether my equipment can be recycled?
A: Relevant products carry a crossed-out ‘wheelie bin’ symbol. Goods marked with this symbol means that they were produced after 13th August 2005 and should be disposed of separately from normal household waste in order that they may be recycled.
Q3: How can I recycle my old electrical and electronic equipment?
A: When purchasing electrical or electronic equipment from our website you can return the old item you’re replacing (see Q2 above) and we will dispose of it on your behalf. Please note, this is on a ‘like-for-like’ basis and so the item for disposal must be similar in nature to the new product purchased. This disposal service is provided free of charge however you must pay for the costs incurred in returning your old item to us.
We will accept your old item for disposal for a period of 28 days from when you purchased the replacement on-line. Please phone Customer Services on 01753 801 084 prior to sending your WEEE and obtain an authorisation number.
Please write this authorisation number on a slip of paper and include it in the returned package. Alternatively you may take relevant equipment to a recycling site equipped to receive waste electrical and electronic product – details are available on request from your local council.
Offers and Promotions
The following Terms & Conditions relate to offers and promotions as indicated on specific products. Start and end dates for these offers and promotions will vary. See relevant product pages or related advertising for details.
Tempur 100 Night Trial - Terms & Conditions
We're so confident that a Tempur mattress will give you your best nights sleep ever, that we're willing to let you try one in your home for 100 nights*
If you're not completely satisfied we will collect the mattress and give you your money back.
*100 Night Trial & Free Tempur-Fit Mattress Protector Offer: All Tempur mattresses come with 1x free Tempur-Fit Mattress Protector. The 100 Night Trial is for any standard size mattress bought before the end of the promotion and starts from the day of delivery. Mattresses can only be returned in a saleable condition. The mattress must be returned in good condition along with the TEMPUR-FIT™ Mattress Protector. If these conditions are met, we will refund your order in full.
Breasley Y.O.U 100 Night Sleep Trial
The 100 night YOU sleep trial starts the day you receive the mattress.
All new mattresses take a little while to get used to, so we request that you sleep on your YOU mattress for at least 90 nights to ensure the body adjusts to the feel of the new mattress.
If you are not completely satisfied within the first 100 nights, please contact us to arrange the free collection of the mattress, and the subsequent refund of the cost of the mattress.
Mattresses must be in a donatable condition to be eligible for return and refund.
This means the mattress has no marks, stains, tears or smells. We therefore stipulate that a mattress protector is used during the 100 night trial period, or the trial offer is invalidated.
It is your responsibility to ensure the mattress is packed and securely taped up, a polythene bag complete with returns label will be provided, and to make the mattress available for collection at the pre-arranged time organised with the carrier.
All returned mattresses will be donated to a suitable charitable organisation or recycled and the profit donated to charity.
The free collection is only available to customers residing in mainland UK, and is limited to one refund per customer and to one household.
For a collection not on the mainland, the customer will be responsible for the cost of returning the mattress.
The 100 night sleep trial offer extends only to the original purchaser of the mattress, and at the address given at the time of purchase.
This does not affect your statutory rights.
Free Pillows Promotions - Current
During this promotion we will supply two pillows (included in the promotion) with all orders for double, kingsize or super kingsize mattresses. Orders for single, small single or long single mattresses qualify for one free pillow (included in the promotion). Pillows may be shipped seperately or with the order. They cannot be exchanged. As pillows cannot be returned once they have been used. Any cancelled orders would be refunded (when agreed) less the cost of the free pillows if they have been used, subject to our returns policy. UK mainland only.
Free Mattress Disposal - Current
During this promotion we can collect and dispose of your old mattress at no extra charge. Usual cost of mattress disposal is approximately £40 depending on location. Please be aware that some locations may not qualify for free disposal. UK mainland only.
Free Gift with Purchase
Promotions including free gifts with purchase. Free or promotional items are not redeemable for cash. If item is subject to a purchase or order. Any cancelled or refunded order may be subject to a handling charge and/or the cost of the item if already received.
Returns Dept. W.J Daniel & Co Ltd. 121-125 Peascod Street. Windsor. Berkshire. SL4 1DP
Please contact Customer Services on 01753 801 084 if you have any questions.